Hopefully, you've noticed from our Kona Barrel Coffee line of coffee, we definitely are not the people who will judge you if you like a little "pinch" in your coffee every once in a while. As a matter of fact, we celebrate it. However, if you're going to do something, you might as well do it right.
Seeing as how Colin's ancestors are from County Mayo of the old Emerald Isle, he takes his Irish Coffee very seriously. First things first, if you want an authentic Irish Coffee, you have to use an Irish Whiskey. Obviously, we do feel our coffee pairs well with Kentucky Bourbon, or Tennessee Whiskey, however, we wanted to give you the real deal here.
Second, there is a process to crafting a real Irish Coffee, so don't skip any steps, and don't go in for any hacks. Finally, take time to enjoy your coffee when your done. If you're marrying The Greatest Coffee In The World with a True Old World Irish Whiskey, you should spend time to savor it. Let it roll around your tongue. See if you can pick up any of the finer points of the coffee or of the Whiskey. Extra points if you have a loved one to sit and spend time with while you enjoy your coffees together - it will make it taste even better!
Mahalo & Slainte!
1. Add Sugar to Mugs - Add both brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bottom of you mugs.
2. Pour Coffee - Add in the 100% Kona Coffee to the mugs, and stir the sugar until fully dissolved.
3. Add Irish Whiskey - Pour in the Irish Whiskey and stir to incorporate.
4. Add Heavy Cream - Pour in heavy cream slowly over and allow to dissolve into the coffee. .
5. Top With Whipped Heavy Cream - Gently top the coffee with the whipped heavy cream for decoration.
A truly wonderful recipe to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth. Simply delicious!! Sea Salt Mint White Chocolate Coffee Cookie Recipe.